Thursday, August 18, 2016

Reacting vrs. Responding

Recently I allowed a comment made by someone affect me to the point it changed my experience for the rest of the day.  Sometimes it is so hard to not let things like this dictate our mood and state of being.  The sobering truth is--the offending party is most likely oblivious to the fact they hurt me, and are going about their day...meanwhile I am allowing the offender to affect my joy, and influence how I treat others.  This is reacting.  Reacting implies no control; emotions take over and as a result we gossip, can't focus, make hasty decisions, etc.

Instead, I would rather respond.  Responding implies choice and with Godly choices, freedom takes over.  Choose to believe my worth in Christ = freedom.  Choose to take negative words and thoughts captive and discarding what is not the truth = freedom.  You get the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment