Saturday, August 27, 2016

Beyond Mediocrity

...whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these... John 14:12 NIV

Sometimes I read this verse and see a huge divide between what Jesus says my potential is, compared to the life I am currently living.  How about you?  I know for myself I can tend to discount my effectiveness due to my own insecurities and failures. But God is not deterred by our weaknesses.  It's only through our weaknesses that Christ's power can be made perfect.

What if we just started to live our lives believing what Jesus said about living a greater life beyond the ordinary.  In 1 Kings 19:15-21,  Elisha's ordinary life was was interrupted and the course of his whole life changed. Even now, God is always working behind the scenes, orchestrating little interruptions, waiting on us to accept his invitation to a life beyond mediocrity into something greater.  Small steps at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment