Tuesday, October 1, 2013

He Gives Beauty for Ashes

Isaiah 61:1-3 

Do you have anything in your life that has went up in flames?  Something that you tried at and failed?  Or your broken heart lies in ruins.  There are so many things that we could fail at and so many things that can break our heart make us feel captive like these verses in Isaiah are saying.  You probably already have a list running in your mind of things that have happened in your life; either by your own choices or something that you feel has been done unfairly to you.  In my own life I struggle to move beyond the ashes to the beauty that God wants to give me.  I kind of sit around in the "self pity pouty party" like Pastor Derek Amsler spoke about on Sept 22 in his message series: Scarecrow In A Melon Patch.  I am so busy dwelling and holding onto my past and where I have been and every thing that I have done wrong that I totally miss this one important truth!!  Here it is: Realize that what God has planned for our future is already better than where we've been.
Philippians 3:13-14 -- Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
We all have been down a rough road or two, but God has something better for you, when in your faith you step out and trust Him to lead you to it.  All of the things that you have been through are things that God can use and wants to use to help the people around you. You (and me) are His greatest tools.
  • Be positive!!  It begins with a choice.  Sometimes a choice we have to make several times a day.  Choose to live for God and to be positive. Find people that can encourage you and point you toward God.  Eliminate negativity and the self pity pouty poor me party.
  • Take small steps toward God.  Everyday do something to draw closer to Him. 
  • Let go of the death grip on the dead things in your life!!  If something in your life is dead (like the past), don't die with it.  Don't continue to let it drag you down.  Take that thought captive and cut it off, move forward believing that God has something better for you. 
If you and I would let go of the ashes.... there is beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said, my friend! We need to talk so I can share just what Our Great God has done for me on this subject in just the past two weeks. :) thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete