Tuesday, November 13, 2012

FInd the Right Road

To say that 2011 and 2012 have been difficult years for me would be an understatement. I have gone down many roads in the last two years that I wish I had not traveled...only to find myself lost and beaten by the weight of my own sin and anger. However, it is also a bitersweet time because the result of some of the past years events have been a positive release for me even if I should not look at it that way. I have been released from the bondage of something that to me was a prison. I know that God's plan was not the path that I chose however. Now, I am trying to get my focus back. My focus back on God and his restoration of my spirit. If we allow our minds much time thinking aobut negative things, we become that negative thing. We open the door for Satan to speak lies into our hearts and minds. In my case, Satan worked over time speaking little bits at a time to me, eventually getting me to overwrite the truths that God had planted in me through his word. It is time now for me to get back to the truths of God's word. It is never to late. Even though there will be people who will not forgive; God always will.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 New International Version (NIV) 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
So, these verses seem harsh at first, but pay close attention to the word "were". I see in this that it doesn't matter what we have done in our past, the grace of Jesus Christ is enough to redeem us. We just have to have the courage to find and get on the right road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment