Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lack Is Not God's Will For Us

I want to talk to you about an abundant life through Jesus Christ! We often sing about how God is so good to us, and that Jesus gave his life for us. In my own life, I often find myself thinking, especially during these times of economic difficulty; Surely God doesn’t want me to give right now while times are so hard. Surely he would want me to make sure that I and my family are provided for. This thinking flies in the face of what we say we believe. As Christians we say we believe that God will provide for all of our needs, but our in-action says that we really don’t believe or trust fully in that principle.

Many of us have heard the verse in Jeremiah: “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” This verse tells us that prosperity is already ours. God already laid out a plan for it. It’s no longer up to God whether or not you or I prosper financially. It’s up to each of us, through our faith and obedience to him! Lack is not God’s will for anyone. Jesus’ death and resurrection = life abundant.  When Jesus gave his life, not only is he our greatest gift; but in him we also have the gift of abundant life.

Jesus said: “I have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)

Trust in the words of Jesus and give to your home church believing that he promises to prosper you and to give you abundant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment